Sunday, July 12, 2009

A long over due update.

A long over due greeting to all readers! I’m sorry it’s been such a long time since I’ve blogged. It has been a very exciting time for us, and things are moving forward at a blinding pace. Below are a few quotes (with links) to recent reviews of “Resonance.” I’d like to put a public thank you out there to the gentlemen below who took the time to listen and review the record. With so many sounds waves passing through their ears, we were so happy they took the time to listen. These latest reviews found “Resonance” to be exemplary.

As most of you know, the process of artistry is all we have. I’ve been hitting the shed pretty heavily lately, the main reason being that I’ve received inspiration to write several original songs for our next record. For my process, writing down the vivid bursts of songs and melodies that come to me proves to be the easy part. One step further for me, means recreating the sounds and instruments as they occur naturally. Incorporating what we have available to us in order to give the artistic sub-conscious stream justice. I will continue to work toward my goals (as I hope you all do) and keep in communication. Keep following your dreams!

Joey

“Pero follows in the footsteps of trumpeters such as Wynton Marsalis, who are equally at home with the classics or jazz.”

John Henry – Audiophile

Read the rest of John's review here:

“Consider Wynton Marsalis; talented trumpeter, equally adept at playing classical and jazz music. Grammy award winner in both categories and a household name. Now consider Joey Pero. Talented trumpeter, equally adept at playing classical and jazz music. Relatively unknown. For now.”

“This is his debut CD, and it’s an impressive one.”

Jeffery Siegel – Straight No Chaser jazz blog

Read Jeff's review here:

“Listeners simply need to tighten their seat belts and settle in for a wild ride.”

William Ruhlmann – allmusic.com

And just because... here's a horse that can really boogie! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment